Friday, May 27, 2011

itunes, netflix, and facebook aren't interesting anymore!..

I'm not even trying to be a sneaky Indian anymore. . .  sheesh, I am getting soft.

As I'm painting left to write with the words in this space, I am realizing how either A.) how easily entertained I am or B.) how uninteresting my life really is.  I can go with both for the time being.  As it is, it's the summer time and I am bored so here I am, promulgating more nonsense.  For your sake I hope it's entertaining.

First off I want to say that as quickly as the thought passed through my mind, I couldn't find a decent frybread recipe to post.  My granny didn't leave it in her will and if she did, my gramps was sure to hide it, should it be the case that I attempt to try it and burn down any structure. I thought about posting a link to a famous drum group singing at a pow wow but that would be jumping the gun and effectively chop a good chunk out of future posts and all you'd be left with would be me trying to sing.... yeah I don't want to traumatize any of you.  I thought of sharing some literature with you but that takes another chunk of posts and the whole challenge of me doing this is to be creative and tell you stories with my own creative agency.  So I thought I'd start with me and see how well I do and go from here.

Right now, Jenifer Lopez and Ja Rule are bumping my speakers singing 'I'm real' and as a side note, yes most of my itunes library has songs that are all "explicit" in rating which contains naughty words.  I enjoy the rawness of lyricism, because songs are stories in a way too. Included in this playlist [btw, I'm using the Genius feature which groups songs together that are similar and plays them like an automated DJ] is Bobby Valentino,Drake, Rihanna, Usher, the Black Eyed Peas, Diddy, Keisha Cole, Alicia Keys, and Jeremih.  I must be a literate ghetto kid.

In my Netflix account you'll find that I have recently watched David Ayer's Harsh Times, Antoine Fuqua's Brooklyn's Finest, a cute but failed attempt to watch Julia Roberts in My Best Friends Wedding, and some episodes of Glee. I'm a total guy and will watch anything that blows up, shoots at poeple, and portrays violence.  But It's not the 2 dimensional aspect I crave, it's the intensity and pressure of trying to make these character's interesting.  I respect the art.

Here's is my latest nerd moment- don't hate I love Batman....

http://screenrant.com/batman-dark-knight-rises-bane-mask-costume-kofi-116351/

On the up and up, I'm also wanting a couple of Books too- Vintage Church' by Pastor Mark Driscoll from Sea- town's Mars Hill Church and the Pastoral autobiography from Eugene H. Peterson- the gentleman who translated the bible in contemporary language- The Message.

And a few last tid bits that I'll share to close this one out

- I'm a God fearing, bible believing Christian.  I love Jesus Christ with all my braid, frybread greased heart and soul.
- I'm a Sagittarius but I don't believe in horoscopes
- I'm secretly a ninja
- I'm the most uninteresting person usually in any room or situation until you hear my life story
- I love women

That ought to do it for insert number one.. I'll make it a habit to leave you with something cool.  Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs9X8NhQJF4

love, peace, and chicken grease

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment