Thursday, June 2, 2011

Where the heart is

"And just think, you weren't even that big."

7lbs. and 6 oz.  I wasn't even that big.  I ain't even trying to hide it.  I have baby fever.  Today is already a good day and despite how it ends up, it will still be a good day.  I got to see a little baby right after he was born.

His name is Ivan- b. June 2, 2011

And although this is a visit home I didn't expect, it's been nothing short of boring.  Nobody is stopping and dropping everything on my account, for the most part everbody is excited I am home to visit. Some even go as far to politely ask me to make time to visit them because "I know you're busy."  I'm homeless- along with my mother and baby sister [don't ask] and am the rez version of slumdog millionaire.

It's nice to be away from the whims, the updates, and the drama of technology.  I get to veg out.  I have gotten most of my business that I needed to get done here.  I for the time being, am enjoying my poverty.  There is no mission, no strategy, no pep talk, no counseling.  Only Lilo and Stitch, Scooby Doo, and chicken nuggets and fries courtesy of my niece.

Praying is a mummer, reading the Word is convenient- a habit I must break, and I see a broken family; yet I'm not stressed.  Heck I'm not even phased.  Tribal and national politics holds very little interest.  Faith based conversations continue to hold hope and humor/  Nobody around here has time to be interesting in anything magnetic or epic and that suits me fine.  I just want to be able to enjoy them.  All of my loved ones and their imperfections.

Here's something that makes me chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVWLHMZ-ceE

I think I will write about the importance of humor and faith next time ;)

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment